Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stage 1 Foods for a Monkey Baby

We introduced Leo to his first solid foods about 2 weeks ago. The spoon took some getting used to, but I finally figured out that if I left the spoon in his mouth he would chew on it and then actually swallow some food instead of spitting it out the moment I put it in. We started with sweet potatoes, here a couple of pictures from one of the first feedings:




Of course our silly little monkey baby loves bananas!! About a week or so after introducing sweet potatoes we started bananas. This was even a bigger success, especially when we mixed it with rice cereal. Leo then started sliding the food off the spoon and eating it off of his fingers. As of this morning, he was slurping it off the spoon!!!



I tried feeding Leo avocado a few days ago and that didn't go over well at all! A few hours after breakfast he threw up all over Grandma! (Sorry Tami!!) Needless to say, we will be holding off on avocados for a while!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cutie! He is getting so big! Kiss him for me!

Melissa said...

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE! I need to see my sweet Leo!

Laura said...

I'm ready for a blog update! I need something to read while I'm sick in bed! Aren't you considering my needs at all?? :) Really, I just want to see more pics of my silly wittle Godbaby. ;) Love you both.