Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CRAB ATTACK!

I was so excited to bring home some dungeness crab for Charlie and quickly turned to the internet for a knock off of Joe's Crab Shack's BBQ crab recipe. (Which I found here: http://www.copycatrecipeguide.com/How_to_Make_Joe's_Crab_Shack_BBQ_Crab_Legs) They turned out great, although next time I would cut the salt back by half.

Now, some of you may remember, when I was pregnant with Leo I had an INTENSE crab craving. Much to Charlie's delight, we ate crab at least once a week if not more. I couldn't get enough of the stuff.

So the crab was great, and we settled in on the couch, belly's full and happy, for a movie. About 30 minutes later I started to itch, like really itch. By the end of the movie it had spread from my arms to my face and then my legs. I took a Benadryl and slept fine, but the next morning at work, the itching started again. I called the doctor who said it probably was the crab and I would likely itch for the remainder of the day (which I did) and to avoid crab for a few months.

Poor Charlie, here he was looking forward to months of crab again and I have to stay away from it.

About a week later I ate something with peanuts and felt instantly "off". I ended up getting sick and itchy, so peanuts are off the menu for now as well.

Pregnancy is SO strange!!

No comments: