Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Leo vs. Food


It's been a LONG battle since day 1 with Leo and food. As a baby he never ate the recommended amount of formula, he took to baby food, but only certain types. For a while we thought he would be eating baby food in Kindergarten. Finally he took to solid foods, but again, only certain types. I made my peace with it and tried new foods here and there without much success. And I kept telling myself that we would put our foot down when he got older.

Well, he's older, and Charlie and I were ready to start having some family meals. Since a sticker chart worked so well with potty training we gave it a try for new foods. For every new food tried, Leo got a sticker, once he earned 5 stickers, he got a new car. 

I figured it would take months to earn 3 new cars, surprisingly it only took about 3-4 weeks! Leo now eats grilled chicken, lettuce, pork chops, steak, sunflower seeds, and the list keeps going!

No comments: