Monday, February 9, 2009

Cooper

As you all know, we have a super large, super silly and super sweet Labrador Retriever named Cooper.

Cooper entered the world in April of 2007. The second biggest of his litter he had personality from the get go! We got our first pictures of him over Memorial Day weekend. Charlie and I were in Corpus Christi for the Uprising Musical Festival (what a fun fun time!!) The moment I saw those first pictures I was hooked. We picked him up in June and our lives were never quite the same; but the change was certainly for the better.

I can still remember Cooper being small enough for me to cradle in one arm. If you have seen him lately you would know that is no longer possible and hasn't been for quite some time now! Cooper weighed in last week at 98.8 pounds. He has a few extra pounds, but the vet was happy with his weight. (Though Charlie doesn't agree, I am convinced that Cooper is merely going through a chubby adolescent phase that he will grow out of)

Cooper is a ball of excitement and loves to play. If you are a living, breathing being of any kind he thinks you should be romping around with him. I have witnessed him playing with a bug for a good 10 minutes. That poor bug, each time it would try to flee from Cooper's monster paws Coop would lightly pat it again and make the bug turn over. Another pat and the bug would once again run for its life. Cooper, with furrowed brows, just couldn't understand why the bug didn't want to play with him. That's my dog. Not the brightest, not the dumbest either, but easily the sweetest.

I have included some pictures from the last 22 months of Cooper's life. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Marks and Kay said...

Cooper is a star and should have his own blog.

The DougFish said...

Gosh I remember just hearing about you guys getting 'a little puppy'. I cannot believe its been nearly 2 years now...

CnD Haines said...

His face sure looks like his mamma's. Just a different color. I'm so glad you guys still enjoy him!! He's going to be a GREAT big bro!