Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day

We started my first Mother's Day on Saturday night with my parents. They surprised us with Leo's swing and some adorable dressing gowns. Then we went out for Mexican food. Here is Leo's swing, Charlie can't wait to put it together.

Sunday, Charlie worked, and he told me to take the day to myself, and I did! I spent most of the day watching girly movies and feeling Leo move around. I can tell he is getting much bigger because I feel him a lot more and his movements are getting stronger. I feel him more when I am relaxed and still so spending almost the entire day in that state let me feel him a ton. It was a very special Mother's Day.

When Charlie got off work we went to Carraba's and it was delicious. All in all it was a great day!!

1 comment:

The DougFish said...

I'm keeping a running list of things that helped me out (like you asked): Squatting! Squat as much as you can. Family thought I was nuts getting down to the ground like I did, but I do believe its why I felt so good after delivery. When you're anywhere, just squat to the ground like you're doing an inner thigh (or running)stretch.

I love that you were able to relax and enjoy Sunday. Gosh, I cannot wait to meet Mr. Leo. Asher can't wait to meet his new pal either. Very cute swing choice!