Monday, August 3, 2009

39 Weeks - No Induction...

We had our 39 week check up this morning and there is still no real change to report. He's a bit lower, but there is no cervical change, so we are a no go for a 39 week induction. For now, we have been told just to sit tight and see if he comes on his own. If I hit 41 weeks they will induce then.

The great news is that my weight is holding steady, my swelling is minimal, my blood pressure is normal and Leo is still moving around like crazy. We are both healthy as can be. Of course, it would have been wonderful to have him in my arms tomorrow, but he will be here before I know it.

The other great news is that today is my last day in the office! Yippee! Maybe a little more R&R is what Leo needs. Charlie's parents will be arriving in Houston tonight and will spend their time between now and baby between us and other family members in the Texas area. This way they will be close by and able to be with us the day Leo arrives. (For those of you who don't know, Charlie's parents live 12 hours away in a town with no airport, getting to Houston is no small feat)

So, for now I am a bit disappointed, but also excited to have a little more time to myself . I know that he will get here right when he is meant to. If it's like most things in life, I'll understand why it happened the way it did once it's all done.

2 comments:

The Heffernan's said...

I know you are ready but he will be here soon enough and you have more time to spend with Charlie. Soak it up! Love you!

The DougFish said...

Keep up the positive attitude girlie! Your Leo will be so healthy thanks to you giving him plenty of time to bake. We cannot wait to meet him!