Wednesday, July 29, 2009

38 Weeks Pregnant - Tick Tick, I'm a Time Bomb

Yesterday's check up went fine. No change in dilation, but Leo and I are still healthy, so that is the important part. I am truly finding it hard to believe that I will ever not be pregnant. I feel like he will never get here!

Last Friday (37 weeks and 3 days) we had another run to the hospital. I woke up around 6:00 and realized that my contractions were somewhat regular and getting stronger. For the first hour they came every 6-10 minutes, then for the next two hours they were every 3-6 minutes. I tried relaxing, changing positions and walking and none of it made the contractions get any better so we decided to go to the hospital. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors, checked me out and gave me pain meds. We gave it a couple of hours and the contractions spaced out to every 7 minutes. Since they were more than 3 -5 minutes apart and I wasn't dilating more I was sent home. Talk about frustrating!!

At this point, they have scheduled an induction for Tuesday, August 4th, but it's not a definite go. I'll visit the doctor again on Monday to check my progress. If my body is ready, then we will get to move forward with the induction, if not it will be cancelled. Keep your fingers crossed!! I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore :)

1 comment:

Mefi said...

good luck cynthia.